The Bottom Line
- Dine at a Miami landmark
- Fabulous stone crabs served with Joe's famous mustard sauce
- Very long waiting time at peak hours
- No reservations available
- Joe's Stone Crab offers a full menu of stone crab claws, other seafood, steaks, ribs and chicken.
- Side items include Joe's famous hash browns and cole slaw, creamed spinach, grilled tomatoes and fresh salads.
- If you're looking for this taste of Miami but live far away, Joe's Direct ships stone crab claws in season.
Guide Review - Joe's Stone Crab
Joe's, of course, is famous for stone crab claws and, in fact, claims to be the place where this tasty treat was first discovered. If you plan to dine on their signature dish, be sure to bring your credit card. Stone crab claws range in price up to $50 per serving, depending upon the size of the claws. If you're looking for something different, there are plenty of other seafood and meat entrees on the menu in the $20-$30 price range. I heartedly recommend their seafood bisque as an excellent start to any meal at Joe's.
In addition to being famous for seafood, Joe's is also famous for providing mediocre (at best!) customer service. If you plan to dine in the restaurant, you'll be well served to time your arrival for an early or late meal. At peak hours, the wait for a table at Joe's can exceed two hours. And wait you must -- Joe's does not take reservations. The only way to avoid the wait is to earn yourself a spot on Joe's VIP list.
One other very important note -- Joe's is only open during stone crab season. You'll find the doors shuttered if you arrive between May and mid-October.