Note: If you are interested in obtaining these records for genealogical purposes, there are other methods available to you. For more information, see Miami, Florida Genealogy Resources.
- There is NO residence or citizenship requirement. All U.S. Citizens and Residents must provide their Social Security Number. Non U.S. Residents may provide an Alien Registration Card, driver's license, passport or any other legal form of identification if they do not have a Social Security Number issued to them.
- If both participants are 18 or older, some form of ID is needed with a photo and birthdate. Some examples are a driver's license, a passport or a Florida ID Card. If one of the participants is 16 or 17, both custodial parents must be there with photo ID to sign consent. If there is only one custodial parent, proof of sole custody must be presented at this time.
- If either participant has been married, the exact date of the death, divorce or annulment must be provided.
- There is a four-hour pre-maritial course that is highly encouraged. If you have taken the course, there is no waiting period. If you decide not to take the course, there is a three-day waiting period between recieving your license and performing the service. Note: This does not apply to non-Florida residents.
- Once you have your valid license in hand, you must perform the ceremony within 60 days. It is standard that you leave the license with the officient, and it is their duty to return it to the marriage bureau within 10 days. Your marriage is not recognized until it is returned.
- For more detailed instructions or clarification, please call (305) 275-1155 for the Miami-Dade Marriage License Bureau. For a current list of fees for services, click here. Available courts to perform this service can be found here.
- There is a wedding room located at each of the marriage license bureaus. For a fee, you can have the service performed there. Flowers and a photographer may be brought, but will not be provided.
What You Need
- Picture ID of each participant
- Proof of citizenship OR Alien Registration Card (see above)
- Fees for the services
- The unconditional love of your life