Port Everglades will once again host the McDonald’s Air and Sea Show as part of Fleet Week 2007. This annual celebration of our nation’s military draws thousands of tourists from around the nation. Any Miami resident who’s never seen this dramatic event should be sure to visit at least one event.
The festivities begin on Thursday, May 3rd with a concert, fireworks and party recognizing visiting sailors at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino.
Friday evening’s Take Off Party marks the official start of the Air & Sea Show. It’s a free event open to the public at Tarpon Bend located at 200 SW 2nd Street on the Las Olas riverfront. The remaining events of the weekend are also free and open to the public. You’ll be able to witness performances by demonstration teams including the U.S. Navy Blue Angels, the Canadian Forces Snowbirds, the U.S. Army Golden Knights parachute team, and a joint Navy/Marine Corps invasion of the beach.
There will also be a number of U.S. military ships and aircraft on hand as part of the festivities. Scheduled appearances include:
- USS Oscar Austin Guided Missile Destroyer
- USS Boone Guided Missile Frigate
- USS Shreveport Amphibious Transport Dock
- USS San Antonio Amphibious Transport Dock
- US CGC Elm Coast Guard Cutter
- HMCS Preserver Canadian Auxiliary Replenishment Ship
- HMCS Halifax Canadian Helicopter Carrier
- A TBD Attack Submarine
- US Air Force B-2 Stealth Bomber
- US Air Force F-15 Strike Eagle
- US Navy F-18 Hornet
- US Marine Corps AV-8 Harrier
- US Marine Corps V-22 Osprey